PPC CASE STUDY:
Mobile App downloads
Fresh Tri?, a rapidly growing neuroscience-based digital health company, approached CFD to develop a strategy to get downloads of its app through social media and programmatic advertising. Their main goal was to drive 60k app installs in three or so months to a very specific audience, which we are contractually not allowed to give more details about, in the USA.
To help Fresh Tri achieve their goals a strategy was developed that included several rounds of testing and refining ad creative to the target audience. Testing waves contained 4 different message ideas with 3 text/images variations. Messages were designed with particular insight into how to engage the target audiences, and were supported by 3 different creatives based around 3 key images of a woman, food and device/application.?
Each subsequent wave updated copy and images based on previous wave best performers and key findings.
Wave 1 was launched in August 2020. There were 4 waves total. The best performers in each wave were deliberately transferred to the next wave to compete with updated ads on equal terms.
Wave 4 was launched in December 2020.
Careful Feet Digital proposed flexible targeting methods to cover Fresh Tri desirable audience. To target one specific audience, we used 2 different approaches:?
- Role targeting – the way of targeting provided by Facebook and Instagram. It relies on information users included in their profile on Facebook. For example in this campaign we used role targeting to show ads to people who mentioned specific target audience demographics in their profiles.
- Geo targeting – the way of targeting provided by Facebook and Instagram. It relies on the list of postcodes, which relates to a specific building or place rounded by 1m radius. All people who are constantly staying in these areas and have their geo-targeting enabled on the phone can be targeted by this method.
For attracting health minded people we’ve used interest based targeting, which allowed us to cover all people who might be interested in a healthy-eating lifestyle.?Overall our work consisted of 4 campaigns, 140 ad sets and 420 ads.??
Careful Feet Digital reached 5 million people, drove 70,490 installations over the course of 4 months with a peak performance of up to 1200 installations a day and an average $5.71 of cost per installation.?
Some best performers from Wave 1 made it up to the end and with astonishing results.
- Most of our projects have the same time tendency as a Fresh Tri. Throughout the day, people are forming this nice whale-shaped reach graph.?
2. Those most interested in the healthy-eating audience are women from age 45 to 65+
3. Facebook audience network + Facebook regular and video news feed are the best placements to promote healthy eating applications.?